Thursday, April 9, 2009

FUN IN IOWA

Well, I loved Iowa. I'm showing pictures of our booth at the Midwest Antique and Decorative Arts Show in Cedar Rapids. I hadn't been to Iowa since I was a kid going to my Aunty June's! The show was just OK for us. But....the whole area was under Winter Storm Watch and Warnings so I'm sure that played a part in the traffic at the show. And, yes, Scarlett, you were right, the white painted breakfast set sold right at show opening and is headed to a cottage in Minnesota! We stopped at Sisters Garden and Bloom. I have pictures for another post. I LOVED everything about those shops! Met Elaine, kept her overtime and she was a pleasure. Can't wait to go back and will certainly allow more time for shopping. Barb was going to meet us on Monday but I thought we'd better get out of there before bad weather got worse! Also had time to go to the Amana Colonies. We love old historical buildings and I have alot of those pictures for another post as well! Hope you enjoy the show------
I bought this quilt while in Iowa. I love the blue colors.



I hate going to the dentist, but I love this old spooky dentist chair, right out of our town of Alton, Illinois!
My work counter is in the right hand corner! Very useful for wrapping.


Who doesn't love rag dolls!


I had to have this rag doll, I'm naming her Mary Jane because she is guarding her bowl of Mary Jane candy!








Grandma Bertha had blue hydrangea bushes!


We'll be going back to Iowa for the next show in September. It will be better I'm sure!
Until next time,
Pam















6 comments:

  1. tell me more about the counter & that wheel on the wall....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tricia,
    The wheel is from an old wheelbarrow. It's $79. We have the old wooden handles too, with red and blue washed out paint! The counter--I don't have the measurements off the top of my head---is a great size counter that we had reworked. It had a bad side, so we had it replaced and then we painted it to use at shows. The back is open and we had shelves made for bags and paper, and a small drawer on each side to hold money etc., it is really handy to have--a heavy booger! Hope this helps. Talk to you soon,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I wanted to know...which do you dislike more storms or the dentist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Miss Smart A......I would have to say that I hate storms worse because they happen more frequently! And by the way, Miss Kidder, I always get EVEN!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pam,
    I'm so sorry you missed the shop! I know Barb at Sisters very well, she's a dear friend. I know most every antiquer within 70 miles, so next time you are here be sure and call and I'll hook you up for a great antiquing adventure! I have a huge sale in May and in October, they run the full length of my property, and I open other buildings, friends and neighbors bring really cool stuff at very good prices! You might be able to make the Fall sale October 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th!
    Thanks for blogging!
    'til next time
    Barb C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey chick....some how I knew that would be the answer! By the way Happy Easter! I have a post about you tomorrow FYI!
    Cheers!
    Your New BFF....ME!

    ReplyDelete