Sunday, January 23, 2011

Calgon Take Me Away--A Whole New Meaning!


Remember the commercial "Calgon Take Me Away"? I thought of it instantly when I saw this heavy old bathtub up in the air at Leftovers in Brenham, Texas. The "take me away" thought is passing through my mind today--along with "Think Spring", and "NO MORE SNOW".
We already have 11 inches on the ground, another dusting last night, and 2-4 more expected today. My days of "Yippee---no school" are long over. My thoughts are more like---getting the shop ready for customers, what about parking after the snow plow makes mounds everywhere on the street, hope no one falls on the sidewalk, the cost of snow removal, hope the car starts, should I leave the shop closed, you know all of the negative! I'm already fretting about loading the truck for Nashville, the roads to get there and we don't do that for 3 weeks! I think I need to take time to remember the beauty of the white snow, the peace and calm look of snowflakes, and just realize that I really have know control over it! I'll try that today!
Until next time,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Amen SISTA! Take a deep breath! As slow as it has been around here with the weather, I wish we would have stayed closed....would have cost me less money. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam...
    Those Boys, from Leftovers... Oh Dear...Was Mikey, in the Tub???
    I can't wait to see ya, in Nashville... {love your little Sweetie, in the image below...what a Darling!}
    Love to ya...
    Barb C.

    ReplyDelete