Friday, May 7, 2010

RED FRIDAY

On our way to Sycamore, Illinois last weekend we stopped in Litchfield at "The Ariston Cafe" for lunch. It has been in business sind 1924. I loved the bar stools at the counter as well as the booths with the wood cutwork. We talked to the owner whose father opened the restaurant. We asked him if he minded if we took some pictures. ( I was thinking of Red Friday!) He said of course not--go right ahead. Then we asked him if he was interested in selling the barstools--his return comment was--"Sure I'll sell them to you, along with the keys and entire contents of the restaurant!" Ha-Ha. I had the best fried chicken in along time. Old fashioned fried chicken--it doesn't get any better than that!


You can't see it very good, but under the table is would cutouts.

Another shot of the booths--for skinny people!


A whole row of bar stools.



The one stool turned--it has a mind of it's own!
Enjoy Red Friday! And check out my buddy Tricia's blog--she started Red Friday! (http://www.thereddoorantiques.blogspot.com/) She's headed to Brimfield--I haven't talked to her in a few days so I'd better be checking in! We are headed to Labadie, Missouri for a one day show. I'm looking forward to it--I can honestly say, this has not been a fun week. Better go for now.
Until next time,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. The Ariston is one of my most fav places to eat! Very cool post! I used to travel that hi-way alot when I was on the road with my REAL JOB! :-)

    The desserts there are FAB!

    Love it! Love U 2~!

    ReplyDelete